Sunday, April 13, 2008

What are these?????




I bought some in an auction off of E(vil)Bay~three separate auctions actually.One listed them as 'raw aquamarine',another listed them as 'natural dendritic agate'and yet another as 'blue zoisite'. All three strands are definetely the same type of stone.

All three came from the same seller (also 'no longer a registeerd user':/)What ever they are they are great looking~and since I paid very little for them no big deal,but...

I still have no clue what they are?????Any ideas,anyone???

5 comments:

Kitty said...

howlite.
that's what they look like to me.

Unknown said...

I have beads of the same stone and believe them to be aquamarine. I used them in some earrings in my etsy shop. Combined them with carnelian and apatite. They're lovely beads!

Mannybeads said...

(wrong account...that amey is really manny)

SarahKelley said...

sesame jasper-- for sure.

BandaiBlossom said...

I think I'm going to go sesame Jasper beads as well. That was my initial reaction to them. Howlite is also an option.

It's not raw aquamarine - the colour is similar, but the gems are more transparent.
Not blue zoisite - it's more commonly found in a deep blue, and is usually fairly transparent, too.
Natural dendritic agate is plausible, but it's kinda hard to find in that colour and the blotches spread differently.

I'm still going Jasper. Natural instinct.